Finding the best tech for everyone.
See something you're interested in on The Nifty Tech Blog? Check out The Nifty Tech Store and see if it is available! Also find related products and accessories.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nifty Tech Blog!

A year ago today, the Nifty Tech Blog launched with our first review of Delicious Library. So much has changed in a year. Since that time we've published 29 other reviews,  43 Follow Friday recommendations, and 5 editorials. In February 2010, the blog was a one man show, hosted in a corner of my .Mac account space using iWeb. Now Scott Roche has joined the staff, and we've had contributions by Odin1Eye and Philippa Ballantine, and a crossover event with Tee Morris' Bird House Rules. We moved our hosting to Blogger, and thanks to the generous contributions from our readers, we're getting ready to move to our own servers and to stand up a WordPress version of the Blog.


The year has wrought a lot of changes in me, too. Last year I was just happy to get the blog up and running. Now I've got a Podcast of my own in the works, I've become a regular on The Galley Table, and I've contributed three stories to the Every Photo Tells... podcast. I'm doing voice work for two upcoming projects, and still trying to find time to write on longer projects. I'm also about 100 pounds lighter and in the best shape of my life. I'm insanely busy, but I don't think I'd change a thing. Well, maybe a day job that pays better and takes fewer hours away from my writing...

And I have you to thank for it. Without the support, the challenges, and even the occasional criticisms, I wouldn't have  gotten half this far. I've learned a lot in this past year, and I thank you for taking your time to follow along. I hope you've found a few things in the blog that have helped you in some way. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring, and I hope everyone will come along for the ride. Thank you again, I couldn't have done it without you.

|

2 comments:

BigJohn February 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

Happy Birthday, Nifty Tech Blog! Many happy carriage returns!

Post a Comment

Contribute to The Nifty Tech Blog

Do you know of a product or service that you think should be featured in The Nifty Tech Blog? Would you like to contribute to the Blog by providing artwork, reviews, or editorials? Want to tell us what you like, what you hate, or just point out something that can be improved?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, take time now to write to The Nifty Tech Blog at niftytech@niftytechblog.com and share what is on your mind!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP